It’s that time of year again, New Year’s Eve is upon us and everyone is either planning on where they will be going or what they will be wearing when that big shiny ball drops in the middle of Times Square. Sure it’s fun to get all dressed up and go out, but New Year’s Eve is one of the most hectic and expensive holidays for a night out on the town. Sometimes it can be just as fun to sip your champagne in the comfort of your own home and in the comfort your favorite PJs. I have come up with a list of fun stay-at-home activities that you can do while you await the new year!
25 Fun Ways to Spend New Year’s Eve
- Buy noisemakers, silly string, confetti and go crazy when the clock strikes 12.
- Play board or card games.
- Decorate the room with balloons, streamers, 2018 banners.
- Whip up some yummy snacks.
- Answer 20 questions for a New Years Eve Reflection.
- Let your inner child artist out with NYE coloring pages.
- Play video games.
- Make a champagne cocktail (champagne margaritas….need I say more?).
- Watch your favorite episodes of Walking Dead, Stranger Things, etc. from 2017.
- Know anyone who doesn’t have plans? Invite them over to hang out and watch the ball drop!
- Do some fun arts and crafts.
- Make good luck origami cranes for 2018 (I don’t know if that’s what they actually are for but I thought it would be a cute idea!).
- Scrapbook your favorite memories from 2017.
- Have a dance party.
- Create a rockin’ playlist of your favorite songs from 2017 for that dance party.
- Movie marathon.
- Didn’t get to watch your favorite Christmas movies? Spend the night catching up on them now, after all, it’s still the holiday season!
- Make a list of things you want to do in 2018.
- Light a fire and make smores.
- Google search to learn about how other countries celebrate NYE.
- Have a girls spa night, make homemade facials, scrubs, hair treatments, etc. and give yourself or each other pedicures and manicures.
- Watch NYE specials.
- Shoot off Nerf guns at your loved ones at midnight or have a pillow fight.
- Get silly string, bubbles, pots and pans to bang on and go crazy at midnight.
- Smooch your S.O, or your pet or give out hugs to your family/friends and toast with champagne or wine.
I would love to know how you are spending your New Year’s Eve! If you’re looking for more posts related to New Year’s check out the posts below:
New Year’s Eve Related Posts
Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy and happy 2018!!!