Summer is in full swing and the 4th of July is only one day away! If you need a last minute dessert idea but want to keep it light and healthy, check out these 10 summertime dessert ideas.
- Mini Berry Cream Pies– These mini berry cream pies look impressive and are so simple to make. You simply pour the pie mixture into mini phyllo cups and serve.
- Blueberry Squares – These blueberry squares from Eating Well are so pretty and look sooo good! These will take a little more time than the mini berry pies, as you are making the crust from scratch, but they sure do look worth the extra effort.
- Whipped Berry Pudding– I’m noticing a trend here with the berries! This berry pudding only has 5 ingredients and looks super easy to make. Just be sure to make it ahead of time because it needs to set in the fridge for about two hours to set.
- Red White and Blue Fruit Skewers with Cheesecake Yogurt Dip– This one is perfect if you are not a big fan of berries. It’s a low-fat cheesecake dip that you can serve with slices of cake, fruit, graham crackers or anything else you can think of! Maybe you can be extra festive and add red or blue food coloring to the dip.
- Red, White and Blueberry Cheesecake Cupcakes– More cheesecake!! These are so pretty and so easy to make. Again, if berries are not your thing, you can leave them plain or top with another fruit or chocolate drizzle
- 4th Of July Bark– Another recipe that I always make for Christmas is white and dark chocolate bark. For Christmas, I will add in candy canes, but this recipe uses red, white and blue sprinkles and M&M’s.
- Firecracker Popcorn– This cute easy recipe is a festive way to dress up popcorn for the holiday! It includes drizzled white chocolate and rock pops. So much fun!
- Rocket Pops– Made with Jello and Cool Whip these festive ice pops are a fun way to cool off on the 4th of July.
- 4th of July Brownie Bites – When in doubt, just make your favorite brownie recipe (this one is amazing!) and top with whipped cream and berries!
- Sugar Cookie Bars– Bonus Recipe!!! If you want to skip the healthier recipes I would encourage you to try these bars. I make these indulgent bars for Christmas and they are always a big hit. Just add red, white and blue sprinkles instead of green and red ones.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)